POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What to do if you accidentally post a message with no subject? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  What to do if you accidentally post a message with no subject? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jay Fox
Subject: What to do if you accidentally post a message with no subject?
Date: 12 May 2009 17:05:00
Message: <web.4a09e406f3a99fb9d92e869d0@news.povray.org>
Let's say that someone accidentally posts a message with no subject. For
example, some dork forgot to put a subject on this message:
http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.4a09d5bdc23a6d9d92e869d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

So, what's the protocol? Can it be changed after the fact, perhaps by emailing
an admin? Or should the dork in question repost the entire message, with a
subject and reference the old thread, or post a basic message with a title and
a link to the "nameless" thread? Or does the thread just die a slow death?

What's the best course of action here?

Post a reply to this message

"Jay Fox" <jay### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message

> What's the best course of action here?

   Use a newsreader - no problem.

    Outlook Express reminds you with a message if you don't add a subject.
Not sure about other newsreaders.

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message