POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Forum Login trouble Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Forum Login trouble (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: GioSeregni
Subject: Forum Login trouble
Date: 11 May 2021 21:25:00
Message: <web.609b2d549f3d345ae0ed0cf559126100@news.povray.org>
Hi,
if I try to login to the forum my account is not recognized.
If I try to reset my password I can't do it and I don't understand why.
Instead, if I enter a topic directly, and try a reply, it asks me to login and
accepts my account.
What's up? Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

"GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> if I try to login to the forum my account is not recognized.
> If I try to reset my password I can't do it and I don't understand why.
> Instead, if I enter a topic directly, and try a reply, it asks me to login and
> accepts my account.
> What's up? Thank you.

that may be a consequence of the recent server crash (documented on 'Home'
page).

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> "GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > if I try to login to the forum my account is not recognized.
> > If I try to reset my password I can't do it and I don't understand why.
> > Instead, if I enter a topic directly, and try a reply, it asks me to login and
> > accepts my account.
> > What's up? Thank you.
>
> that may be a consequence of the recent server crash (documented on 'Home'
> page).
>

> regards, jr.

Many thanks, it is possible.
By the way I am able only to post like a guest that have a own login, but has
the profile disabled, I cannot see my profile.
BR.

Post a reply to this message

"GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > "GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > > if I try to login to the forum my account is not recognized.
> > > If I try to reset my password I can't do it and I don't understand why.
> > > Instead, if I enter a topic directly, and try a reply, it asks me to login and
> > > accepts my account.
> > > What's up? Thank you.
> >
> > that may be a consequence of the recent server crash (documented on 'Home'
> > page).
> >

> > regards, jr.
>
> Many thanks, it is possible.
> By the way I am able only to post like a guest that have a own login, but has
> the profile disabled, I cannot see my profile.
> BR.

Nothing. I also wrote to the administrators, but they did not deign to me a
reply

Post a reply to this message

> "GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> > hi,

>> > that may be a consequence of the recent server crash (documented on 'Home'
>> > page).
>> >

>> > regards, jr.
>>
>> Many thanks, it is possible.
>> By the way I am able only to post like a guest that have a own login, but has
>> the profile disabled, I cannot see my profile.
>> BR.
>
> Nothing. I also wrote to the administrators, but they did not deign to me a
> reply

I don't always have time to hop into requests like this as I've got
other things that have higher priority. I will likely get a chance to
look at it this weekend.

Post a reply to this message

> >> Many thanks, it is possible.
> >> By the way I am able only to post like a guest that have a own login, but has
> >> the profile disabled, I cannot see my profile.
> >> BR.
> >
> > Nothing. I also wrote to the administrators, but they did not deign to me a
> > reply
>
> I don't always have time to hop into requests like this as I've got
> other things that have higher priority. I will likely get a chance to
> look at it this weekend.

Many thanks, no prob, so I know that the message was not lost, I wrote ten days
ago without feedback ..
Regards!
G.

Post a reply to this message

"GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:

> > > Nothing. I also wrote to the administrators, but they did not deign to me a
> > > reply
> >
> > I don't always have time to hop into requests like this as I've got
> > other things that have higher priority. I will likely get a chance to
> > look at it this weekend.
>
> Many thanks, no prob, so I know that the message was not lost, I wrote ten days
> ago without feedback ..
> Regards!
> G.
pinned, I can post with login for each post request, but I cannot login in my
own profile. No fix.
For an enthusiast who started in DKB's time it's humiliating.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 30 May 2021 23:00:51
Message: <60b45163@news.povray.org>
On 30/05/2021 23:17, GioSeregni wrote:
> pinned, I can post with login for each post request, but I cannot login in my
> own profile. No fix.
> For an enthusiast who started in DKB's time it's humiliating.

Sorry but sometimes health plays a greater role. I've been suffering
fevers on and off for the last two weeks (worst day was 40c). I simply
cannot prioritize fixing stuff on the server as sometimes I'm barely
able to get out of bed and unable to do even my normal daytime job. No
intent for humiliation, just life.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 31 May 2021 14:21:58
Message: <60b52946$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-05-30 11:01 PM (-4), Chris Cason wrote:

> Sorry but sometimes health plays a greater role. I've been suffering
> fevers on and off for the last two weeks (worst day was 40c). I simply
> cannot prioritize fixing stuff on the server as sometimes I'm barely
> able to get out of bed and unable to do even my normal daytime job. No
> intent for humiliation, just life.

Oh, no!  Get well soon!

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 May 2021 14:48:35
Message: <60b52f83$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 May 2021 13:01:10 +1000, Chris Cason wrote:

> On 30/05/2021 23:17, GioSeregni wrote:
>> pinned, I can post with login for each post request, but I cannot login
>> in my own profile. No fix.
>> For an enthusiast who started in DKB's time it's humiliating.
>
> Sorry but sometimes health plays a greater role. I've been suffering
> fevers on and off for the last two weeks (worst day was 40c). I simply
> cannot prioritize fixing stuff on the server as sometimes I'm barely
> able to get out of bed and unable to do even my normal daytime job. No
> intent for humiliation, just life.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Chris.