POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : cad for 3d printing Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:51:50 EDT (-0400)
  cad for 3d printing (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dick Balaska
Subject: cad for 3d printing
Date: 4 May 2020 17:12:16
Message: <5eb08530@news.povray.org>
I am looking for recommendations for cad software for our library's 3D
printer.  Preferably running on Linux.  I guess something that emits the
.STL format.

(
So, the 8 year old got a drone for his lockdown birthday. It came with 4
propeller guards.  It took 2 days to waste all of those.  Go to amazon
to buy more...
$35 for 4 pieces of injected molded plastic!!!  These cost < 1 cent to
make.  They could even just be waste spars from something else.  I was
super pissed as I laid out my $38 with 2 month delivery.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V4MVB5V/
I won't be ordering more of those.  Hopefully the library reopens and I
can print these simple parts before we waste the 4 we're getting.
)

--
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)

Post a reply to this message