POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : nauseated (was Re: ttso2393/cute) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:36:13 EDT (-0400)
  nauseated (was Re: ttso2393/cute) (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Dick Balaska
Subject: nauseated (was Re: ttso2393/cute)
Date: 27 Oct 2019 12:06:58
Message: <5db5c0a2$1@news.povray.org>
This is a weird thing of mine.

Way back when, like 1989, I forced myself to finish Castle Wolfenstein.
It was a painful process, where if I played for an hour, I would be
sick. If I did 3 hours, I could be guaranteed to be miserable headache
and not eat for 5-6 hours after.

I always figured it was some inner ear confusion thinking I'm not moving
when my eyes say I'm moving.

I'm not a fan of first person shooters so I never ran into it again.
Weird that in 2003 my movie didn't bother me in the same sense, I never
really thought of that.

And then in '05 Mario Kart came along and I don't have these symptoms
with that, yet I would expect the same phenomenon.  I guess I outgrew it.

Two years ago, I was at a buddy's house.  He has a Raspberry Pi loaded
with tons of original Nintendo games.  We played 8-bit Mario Kart.  30
minutes in, I was ready to pass out.  I couldn't believe it.

So, maybe it's the frame rate?  Or the motion algorithms?  Who knows.

But it's interesting that I get that same feeling from jr's 30 second video.

--
dik
Rendered 18,243,532,800 of 40,928,716,800 pixels (40%)