POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: <no subject> Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject> (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: <no subject>
Date: 15 Sep 2018 05:21:10
Message: <5b9ccf06$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.09.2018 um 08:47 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

>> Now, be a good lad and fetch me a Winchester bottle of ether.
>
> I'll get you a Klein bottle of POV-Ray distillate instead.

https://youtu.be/-k3mVnRlQLU

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Sep 2018 07:02:22
Message: <5b9ce6be$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-9-2018 11:21, clipka wrote:
> Am 15.09.2018 um 08:47 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>
>>> Now, be a good lad and fetch me a Winchester bottle of ether.
>>
>> I'll get you a Klein bottle of POV-Ray distillate instead.
>
> https://youtu.be/-k3mVnRlQLU

Well, that man shows typical overdose symptoms of dried frog pills...

@LeForgeron: /He/ has *all* the boxes!

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 15 Sep 2018 08:03:49
Message: <5b9cf525$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/09/2018 12:02, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> I'll get you a Klein bottle of POV-Ray distillate instead.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/-k3mVnRlQLU
>>

> Well, that man shows typical overdose symptoms of dried frog pills...

Too far gone for dried frog pills. A rubber mallet to the head 4 times
daily. Is called for.

Glass blowing a Klein bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFUUuTFvZh8

You can skip to #2 of  5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E7uSYF_RYQ

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 15 Sep 2018 21:26:19
Message: <5b9db13b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.09.2018 um 13:02 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

>>> I'll get you a Klein bottle of POV-Ray distillate instead.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/-k3mVnRlQLU
>>

> Well, that man shows typical overdose symptoms of dried frog pills...

The disconcerting thing is, that figure of speech seems to be only
inches - nay, microns - away from the genuine truth.

Then again he's a topologist, so distances are irrelevant for him.

The good news is, he seems harmless.

Mostly harmless, anyway.

> @LeForgeron: /He/ has *all* the boxes!

He certainly doesn't have all the marbles though.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 15.09.2018 um 13:02 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

>>> https://youtu.be/-k3mVnRlQLU
>>>

>> Well, that man shows typical overdose symptoms of dried frog pills...
>
> The disconcerting thing is, that figure of speech seems to be only
> inches - nay, microns - away from the genuine truth.
>
> Then again he's a topologist, so distances are irrelevant for him.

Keeping with the Discworld theme. He seems to have one foot in L-space.

> The good news is, he seems harmless.
>
> Mostly harmless, anyway.

:)

As you say, mostly. :)
Although he does have a point. In a previous life, I spent a lot of time
in floor and ceiling voids. If you can follow an air duct. You can go
anywhere.

--

Regards
     Stephen