POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Parametric surfaces with three parameters? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 13:05:11 EDT (-0400)
  Parametric surfaces with three parameters? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Parametric surfaces with three parameters?
Date: 13 Aug 2018 22:41:39
Message: <5b724163$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a list somewhere of parametric surfaces that take three
parameters? I haven't put a lot of thought into it, but spheres,
cylinders and cones work. Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Parametric surfaces with three parameters?
Date: 13 Aug 2018 22:42:26
Message: <5b724192$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/13/2018 10:41 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Is there a list somewhere of parametric surfaces that take three
> parameters? I haven't put a lot of thought into it, but spheres,
> cylinders and cones work. Thanks.
>

> Mike

Er, I mean solids, not surfaces.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 13 Aug 2018 23:03:27
Message: <5b72467f$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/13/2018 10:41 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Is there a list somewhere of parametric surfaces, er solids,

It seems to me that a math question would have a more appropriate place
than p.off-topic.

--
dik
Rendered 344576 of 345600 pixels (99%)

Post a reply to this message

On 8/13/2018 11:03 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> On 08/13/2018 10:41 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Is there a list somewhere of parametric surfaces, er solids,
>

> It seems to me that a math question would have a more appropriate place
> than p.off-topic.

If I could go back in time I would choose a different group.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 8/14/2018 3:23 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 8/13/2018 11:03 PM, dick balaska wrote:
>> On 08/13/2018 10:41 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>>> Is there a list somewhere of parametric surfaces, er solids,
>>

>> It seems to me that a math question would have a more appropriate place
>> than p.off-topic.
>>

> If I could go back in time I would choose a different group.
>

> Mike

Forgot to add a smiley.

:)

Post a reply to this message

On 14/08/2018 08:23, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 8/13/2018 11:03 PM, dick balaska wrote:
>> On 08/13/2018 10:41 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>>> Is there a list somewhere of parametric surfaces, er solids,
>>

>> It seems to me that a math question would have a more appropriate place
>> than p.off-topic.
>>

> If I could go back in time I would choose a different group.
>

> Mike

Since it is OT

If I could go back in time I would choose a different life.  ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 14/08/2018 08:23, Mike Horvath wrote:
>>>

>>> It seems to me that a math question would have a more appropriate place
>>> than p.off-topic.
>>>

>> If I could go back in time I would choose a different group.
>>

>> Mike
>

> Since it is OT
>
> If I could go back in time I would choose a different life.  ;)

I would choose to avoid the million dollar divorce (which was more money
than I had).