POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Next year Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Next year (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Next year
Date: 14 May 2009 14:15:59
Message: <4a0c5fdf$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/production.aspx?id=5220

The yearly Grand Organ Gala at the Royal Albert Hall will be on Sunday
27 June 2010. The performance starts at 7:30 PM.

My personal favourit bits are Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor (BWV
565) and of course Widor's Toccata in F major. (Indeed, if it weren't
for this gala, I would have never even *heard* of the thing!)

Tickets are now on sale. ;-) If any of you want to find me, I shall be
sitting in the Choir section, in row 1, seat 1. (This is the seat
geometrically nearest to the organ console. It's also on the side of the
hall that the organist will enter from.)

PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Thu, 14 May 2009 19:16:01 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Tickets are now on sale. ;-) If any of you want to find me, I shall be
> sitting in the Choir section, in row 1, seat 1. (This is the seat
> geometrically nearest to the organ console. It's also on the side of the
> hall that the organist will enter from.)
>
> PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...

Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Tickets are now on sale. ;-) If any of you want to find me, I shall be
> sitting in the Choir section, in row 1, seat 1. (This is the seat
> geometrically nearest to the organ console. It's also on the side of the
> hall that the organist will enter from.)

My tickets have just arrived! :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...
>
> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)

Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.

(I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
- until I told her what I play.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:38:22 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...
>>
>> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)
>
> Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.
>
> (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
> - until I told her what I play.)

Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
(including organ) - his minor was in music performance.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>>> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)
>> Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.
>>
>> (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music
>> - until I told her what I play.)
>
> Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
> (including organ) - his minor was in music performance.

Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty rare
though...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:43:49 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>> Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
>> (including organ) - his minor was in music performance.
>
> Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty rare
> though...

Just depends on if you find the ones who do or not. :-)

(No idea what Runge-Kutta is, either)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>>> Some chicks dig it - my brother plays keyboard instruments as well
>>> (including organ) - his minor was in music performance.
>> Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty rare
>> though...
>
> Just depends on if you find the ones who do or not. :-)

Heh. Well the rarer they are, the less likely I am to find one,
statistically speaking.

> (No idea what Runge-Kutta is, either)

It know - but it sounds way-dirty, eh? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:52:49 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Yeah. And, hypothetically, some chicks dig Runge-Kutta too. Pretty
>>> rare though...
>>
>> Just depends on if you find the ones who do or not. :-)
>
> Heh. Well the rarer they are, the less likely I am to find one,
> statistically speaking.

Depends on the circles. :-)

>> (No idea what Runge-Kutta is, either)
>
> It know - but it sounds way-dirty, eh? ;-)

Or like a martial art. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>>> PS. I should probably get a hobby or something...
>>
>> Don't look now, but that *is* a hobby. ;-)
>
> Yeah. Shame it's not one that chicks dig.
>
> (I told my waitress, and she seemed really interested that I play music

*your* waitress?

> - until I told her what I play.)

That might change if you broaden yourself to include some Doors, Procul
Harum or other organ pop music.