POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random stuff Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Random stuff (Message 1 to 10 of 37)
From: Invisible
Subject: Random stuff
Date: 30 Apr 2009 10:14:28
Message: <49f9b244$1@news.povray.org>
Who says mathematics isn't fun? :-D

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Random stuff
Date: 30 Apr 2009 10:15:02
Message: <49f9b266@news.povray.org>
...and now *with* the attachment I meant to add the first time...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test_drawrk.jpg' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'test_drawrk.jpg'
test_drawrk.jpg

From: scott
Date: 30 Apr 2009 10:21:49
Message: <49f9b3fd$1@news.povray.org>
> ...and now *with* the attachment I meant to add the first time...

Go on then, what's the mathematics behind this one?  Gravity?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 30 Apr 2009 10:26:15
Message: <49f9b507$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> ...and now *with* the attachment I meant to add the first time...
>
> Go on then, what's the mathematics behind this one?  Gravity?

Well, I don't know about "gravity"... merely the damped oscilations of a
particle attracted to the center of the image.

If the force applied is proportional to the distance, you tend to can
spirals and sometimes stars. If the force is inversely proportional to
distance (e.g., inverse square), you get loops.

Now, if you add more than one attractor.....

Post a reply to this message

>> Go on then, what's the mathematics behind this one?  Gravity?
>
> Well, I don't know about "gravity"... merely the damped oscilations of a
> particle attracted to the center of the image.

I should perhaps point out that the RED trace is the path of the
particle. The GREEN path is the object's velocity, and the BLUE path is
the object's acceleration.

...which means that there's no real way to correlate the three traces to
each other, which is kind of useless. Oh well!

> Now, if you add more than one attractor.....

...it goes completely scatty! o_O

Post a reply to this message