POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Damn (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Darren New
Subject: Damn
Date: 5 Mar 2009 11:53:22
Message: <49b00382$1@news.povray.org>
You thought the guy landing safely on the Hudson was impressive?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-WiLmdwxBY

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Damn
Date: 5 Mar 2009 12:30:26
Message: <49b00c32@news.povray.org>
> You thought the guy landing safely on the Hudson was impressive?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-WiLmdwxBY

  You should really learn to check snopes.com with this kind of clearly
viral video. It was rather easy using the search keywords "plane landing":

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/onewing.asp

  This is exactly the type of manipulated video which is recognizably so
precisely because it's made to look so "real". After seeing quite many of
those (like the meteor or the basketball videos), it becomes almost cliche.

  While not all "too realistic to be real" videos are manipulated, at least
it should immediately give you some warning flags.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> You thought the guy landing safely on the Hudson was impressive?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-WiLmdwxBY

You mean that the Hudson landing was *** also *** a fake created by a German
clothing designer for viral purpose? ;)

G..

Post a reply to this message

>> You thought the guy landing safely on the Hudson was impressive?
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-WiLmdwxBY
>
> You mean that the Hudson landing was *** also *** a fake created by a German
> clothing designer for viral purpose? ;)

Win.

--
Isn't it counterproductive to have incandescent bulbs in a fridge?

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

> You mean that the Hudson landing was *** also *** a fake created by a German
> clothing designer for viral purpose? ;)

Hey, it was cool anyway. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)