POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Rubik's Magic added to the object collection Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:00:49 EDT (-0400)
  Rubik's Magic added to the object collection (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Maurizio Paolini
Subject: Rubik's Magic added to the object collection
Date: 4 Sep 2014 06:30:01
Message: <web.54083e6c8d25eae8e85a6f2f0@news.povray.org>
I just added an include file (and some jpg files) to render some 3D
configurations
of the Rubik's Magic puzzle

http://lib.povray.org/collection/rubiksmagic/maurizio%201.0/rubiksmagic.jpg

The configuration is described using a string that encodes the relative
position of the tiles in the chain, the syntax is described in the include
file itself.

I will soon upload a new version that will fix a lower-case/upper-case
issue in the example provided (the upload process transformed all file-names
to lower-case).

Support for angles different from 90 degrees between tiles is not yet
present, but it could be a future addition; that would allow to create
animations.

Question: is there a way to upload an archive containing all the jpegs
instead of uploading the images one-by-one, which is quite inconvenient?

Maurizio

Post a reply to this message

The new version (2.0) adds support for intermediate angles.
Added decoration with dogs (a clone that I bought many years ago, I don't
know the brand name)

Maurizio