POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Contributing to the object library Server Time
16 Apr 2024 17:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Contributing to the object library (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Maurizio Paolini
Subject: Contributing to the object library
Date: 2 Sep 2014 16:05:01
Message: <web.540622be809e5224571b03cb0@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I would like to contribute to the object library (lib.povray.org) with
an include file for the Rubik's Magic.

When I try to register an error appears saying "Too many registrations
from your address".  However I think I never registered before and
in any case if I try to login I cannot find any way to recover a "forgotten"
password.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Maurizio Paolini

Post a reply to this message

Le 02/09/2014 22:04, Maurizio Paolini a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to contribute to the object library (lib.povray.org) with
> an include file for the Rubik's Magic.
>
> When I try to register an error appears saying "Too many registrations
> from your address".  However I think I never registered before and
> in any case if I try to login I cannot find any way to recover a "forgotten"
> password.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Cheers,
> Maurizio Paolini

I will try to look at it, once back at home.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.

Post a reply to this message

From: Maurizio Paolini
Date: 3 Sep 2014 06:20:00
Message: <web.5406eaa38b1d63b3b710ae70@news.povray.org>
As additional info: when I try to "login" into lib.povray.org the form that
appears asks for "Your six-digit user ID (supplied in confirmation email)."
I don't have any confirmation email, and it sounds strange that it does not
ask for a username.

Maurizio

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 3 Sep 2014 06:26:18
Message: <5406ecca$1@news.povray.org>
Le 03/09/2014 12:17, Maurizio Paolini a écrit :
> As additional info: when I try to "login" into lib.povray.org the form that
> appears asks for "Your six-digit user ID (supplied in confirmation email)."
> I don't have any confirmation email, and it sounds strange that it does not
> ask for a username.

IIRC, there is no user name at login, only the six digit (which map to
the user).

It's an old system.

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 3 Sep 2014 12:28:50
Message: <540741c2@news.povray.org>

On 03/09/2014 12:26, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 03/09/2014 12:17, Maurizio Paolini a écrit :
>> As additional info: when I try to "login" into lib.povray.org the
>> form that appears asks for "Your six-digit user ID (supplied in
>> confirmation email)." I don't have any confirmation email, and it
>> sounds strange that it does not ask for a username.
>>

> IIRC, there is no user name at login, only the six digit (which map
> to the user).
>
> It's an old system.

Yep, as I now remember, registration was disabled due to spamming bots.
(and I do not have rights to change that.)

I should be able to create your user's account for you, if you email
me the details (and once created, the first thing you do is to change
the dummy weak password I will have put in it).

You can use my public key on that email address (look at the sender of
this message) if you want. It's on the various key-servers (if you
know what I'm talking about, you know them).

I need (same as for the registration form):
* An email address to validate the registration (not displayed on site)
* A nickname
* First name & Surname
* Country of residence

If you have additional info (website, public email...) , you can
update your profile once created.

The login has to be a 6 digits value, some are already used, but I
guess you can have a bit of a choice on that too.

Best regards.

>> Maurizio

>>> I will try to look at it, once back at home.
>>>

>>> -- Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes
>>> are perfect.

- --
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)
IQ of multiposters: 100 / ( (number of groups) * (number of groups))