POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Suggestion Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:09:13 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Suggestion
Date: 30 Mar 2008 07:41:08
Message: <47ef8a63@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   How about this idea instead: Volunteers who have made a lot of POV-Ray
> images in the past, could go and dig those old scenes and take interesting
> objects out of them, clean them out and create include files from them and
> contribute them to the object collection. (That's actually what I have done
> with all my submissions.)

  Another idea: I see that some people have include files etc. in their
home pages. Why not submit them also to the object collection library?
A centralized resource would certainly make them more easily available
to a wider audience.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> >   How about this idea instead: Volunteers who have made a lot of POV-Ray
> > images in the past, could go and dig those old scenes and take interesting
> > objects out of them, clean them out and create include files from them and
> > contribute them to the object collection. (That's actually what I have done
> > with all my submissions.)
>
>   Another idea: I see that some people have include files etc. in their
> home pages. Why not submit them also to the object collection library?
> A centralized resource would certainly make them more easily available
> to a wider audience.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

I agree - I wish more people would do that.  I myself don't even have a webpage,
so I don't fit that category.  OTOH, this very thread reminded me about an
object I'd been meaning to contribute and so I finally did.

Charles

Post a reply to this message