POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Yes-library Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:35:22 EDT (-0400)
  Yes-library (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Yes-library
Date: 24 Feb 2023 10:55:00
Message: <web.63f8dda27f290431a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 23/02/2023 23:36, Mike Miller wrote:
>
> > Great, glad I can help. I'll try to contribute to your Roger Dean project when I
> > can. Always loved his work...Cool concept to model and animate.
> >
> > Patrick Woodroffe was my illustration hero when I was in high school. I keep his
> > Mythopoeikon book beside me for inspiration. His early pencil and etching work
> > is very nice.
> >
> > Here a link to some of my early sketches and 3D. I've only had the site up for a
> > few months so it's very much a work in progress ...like the rest of my life. :)
> > I started adding some of my resent POV work. I'm currently modeling bugs for
> > some rendering ideas.
> >
> > https://639cef3628e1f.site123.me/
> > I lost old website...now I'm using a free one. :)
> >
> Hi Mike !
>
> I'm very glad that found here a man, who share my preferences in art and
> technologies. Opposite to you, I'm much more programmer and
> mathematician, but always dreamed to be an artist. 3D graphics somewhere
> in between, and this is the reason why it attracts me so much.
> So, if you will need some assistance in software development or similar,
> I can help you without a problems. I am also working with ceramics
> a little, this gives me a rest after intensive coding:
> https://www.facebook.com/yesbird65
>
> I want to thank you for pointing me to Patrick Woodroffe, I spent half
> of the night exploring his artworks, only wonder, how I can miss him ?
> He is a great artist. For symmetry, I would like to mention Kirill
> Chyolushkin:
> https://illustrators.ru/posts/kirill-chyolushkin
> Sorry, site in Russian, but contains mostly images.
> I have only one of his books, as they are very expensive :)
>
> You site is good and well-organized, some part of chaos is normal for
> creativity, too much order will kill it :). You are very talented, I
> like your old-time sketches and present works. I see you are using
> Sculptris, I have a Z-Brush and now writing plugin for exporting meshes
> to POV, preserving color info.
>
> I like insects also, they have accurate 'construction' and beautiful
> forms, created for rendering, please keep me in loop while working on them.
>
> As to Yes-library: I found Fish-13 in some old archive, cleaned it up,
> recolorized and animated:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSR539hQdo
>
> Hope, you will not be disappointed. Now I am pushing it into macro for
> more easy recolorizing and cloning (so please don't waste your time for
> that), suppose it will be brilliant in my collection :).
> I will post link to final code, after pushing it to repository.
>
> Can't wait for putting hands on your blobs examples - will work with
> them tomorrow.
>
> All the best, and sorry for my English,
> --
> YB

No disappointment here - I'm glad you were able to find the file. I found
another image map for that fish. You may need to tweak the coordinates.
....and your English is great! Probably better than mine...flunked 2 English
classes in college.

Love kirill-chyolushkin - had not seen his work. Thanks for sharing!

Also,
Has POV implemented a way to use 'Normal Maps' for bumps using an image map? I
didn't he an example in the help files.
Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fish_skin.jpg' (186 KB)

Preview of image 'fish_skin.jpg'
fish_skin.jpg

> No disappointment here - I'm glad you were able to find the file. I found
> another image map for that fish. You may need to tweak the coordinates.
Oooo, thanks a lot. Texturing in POV is tricky for me, having such good
image map I can improve details now.

> Also,
> Has POV implemented a way to use 'Normal Maps' for bumps using an image map? I
> didn't he an example in the help files.
That's all I was able to find, while doing bumping:
https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Bump_Map
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Date: 24 Feb 2023 12:04:05
Message: <6581b347-051f-826c-5dad-a61001345798@gmail.com>
Btw, how did you this 'wormish' shapes ? I like them so much !

https://639cef3628e1f.site123.me/p-o-v-r-a-y/item-id-63ab2ae03b610
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Feb 2023 13:15:00
Message: <web.63f8fe9a7f2904311f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Also,
> Has POV implemented a way to use 'Normal Maps' for bumps using an image map? I
> didn't he an example in the help files.

I can't recall an example, and I haven't tried it, but -
Try using an image_map as the pattern for:

https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Normal_Map

- Bill

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Miller
Date: 24 Feb 2023 15:20:00
Message: <web.63f91af07f290431a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Also,
> > Has POV implemented a way to use 'Normal Maps' for bumps using an image map? I
> > didn't he an example in the help files.
>
> I can't recall an example, and I haven't tried it, but -
> Try using an image_map as the pattern for:
>
> https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Normal_Map
>
> - Bill

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Miller
Date: 24 Feb 2023 15:35:00
Message: <web.63f91ee57f290431a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Btw, how did you this 'wormish' shapes ? I like them so much !
>
> https://639cef3628e1f.site123.me/p-o-v-r-a-y/item-id-63ab2ae03b610
> --
> YB

Thanks, below are the definitions. I plot these out of CAD and convert using a
utility I wrote. I think these are the right ones.

//--- weed
#declare weed3 =
 union {
   sphere_sweep {
       cubic_spline
       7,
       <-0.0133141,-0.000790786,0.0>,0.131825,
       <-0.0133141,-0.000790786,0.0>,0.131825,
       <0.0852752,0.426277,-0.118113>,0.102224,
       <-0.0994501,1.01313,0.0504987>,0.0503133,
       <-0.082195,1.2748,0.0306135>,0.0251861,
       <-0.0270831,1.38204,-0.0239959>,0.0551861,
       <-0.0270831,1.38204,-0.0239959>,0.0551861
       tolerance 0.000001
       }

}

//--- mushroom
#declare shroom =
lathe {
    cubic_spline
    10
    < 0.0  ,  0.287761 >,
    < 0.0  ,  0.287761 >,
    < 0.110804  ,  0.270507 >,
    < 0.210494  ,  0.199574 >,
    < 0.203634  ,  0.142057 >,
    < 0.0925914  ,  0.13631 >,
    < 0.124224  ,  0.0251171 >,
    < 0.180055  ,  -0.00454055 >,
    < 0.000391543  ,  -0.0259348 >,
    < 0.000391543  ,  -0.0259348 >
    }

Post a reply to this message

From: yesbird
Date: 24 Feb 2023 16:10:56
Message: <0e444b95-f42d-10bd-ce2c-9b1e6adbfd50@gmail.com>
On 24/02/2023 23:32, Mike Miller wrote:
> I think these are the right ones
Yes, they are !
Thanks for sharing, will put them into collection.
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: