POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : AndroidRobot 5.0: the 2019 branding update Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  AndroidRobot 5.0: the 2019 branding update (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: AndroidRobot 5.0: the 2019 branding update
Date: 19 Sep 2020 18:37:41
Message: <5f668835@news.povray.org>
The new Android[TM] logo is just a disembodied head, so a new macro has
been created to do just that.  The obvious name for such a macro would
be AndroidRobot_Head(), but The Google didn't tell me they were going to
pull this stunt 5 years ago, so I had already used that name for
something else.  So it goes.

The official Android green has been updated, and since the head has
changed noticeably from past logos, the overall proportions of the robot
have been adjusted to fit.  All past designs and official colors are
still available with this update; see the User Manual for details.  (The
unofficial color from AndroidRobot 1.0 has not been retained; if, for
some reason, you feel nostalgic about it, it was srgbft MediumSpringGreen.)

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=AndroidRobot&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

The changes to this module over the years have required repeated
breaking up of existing code into smaller internal macros.  It feels
kind of weird doing all this surgery on someone else's code outside of a
collaborative context; I have to keep telling myself that Karl Ostmo
checked all 4 of those little boxes on the submission page before he
uploaded the module.

Caveat:  The standard Object Collection README file says that you may
use images that you generate using these files without restriction.  As
the Android robot is trademarked, this is obviously not true for this
particular module.  Again, see the User Manual for the licensing details.