POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Result. 59 percent works. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:58:30 EDT (-0400)
  Result. 59 percent works. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: p
Subject: Result. 59 percent works.
Date: 30 May 2017 18:45:00
Message: <web.592df4a8c5ec4256487347100@news.povray.org>
I tried to download everything from the thumbnail view at
http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php. I count 91 files offered for
download. Some zip files I could not download. I downloaded 89 .zip files. 54
..zip files have 80 .pov files that compile correctly into 80 .png files. The
other 35 .zip files have 68 .pov files that would not compile. In povray.org,
the same file is listed several times, but with diffrent names. Case in some
filenames do not match case in the .pov script. I renamed some files, but I did
not try to fix them all. My result is posted at
http://pdscript.com/p/debian/povorg8/povorg8.htm. I used povray version
1:3.7.0.0-8, which is in debian 8.5.

Post a reply to this message

> I tried to download everything from the thumbnail view at
> http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php. I count 91 files offered for
> download. Some zip files I could not download. I downloaded 89 .zip files. 54
> ..zip files have 80 .pov files that compile correctly into 80 .png files. The
> other 35 .zip files have 68 .pov files that would not compile. In povray.org,
> the same file is listed several times, but with diffrent names. Case in some
> filenames do not match case in the .pov script. I renamed some files, but I did
> not try to fix them all. My result is posted at
> http://pdscript.com/p/debian/povorg8/povorg8.htm. I used povray version
> 1:3.7.0.0-8, which is in debian 8.5.

The object collection is painfully case-blind: some contributions were
made from Windows at a time where the local filesystem was transforming
filename to a single case (either all lower or all uppercase, IIRC DOS
was all uppercase).

It take a bit of debugging when using on a filesystem which honors the
case of filename.

You can now find everything from the collections (and more: 3dclouds was
added there) in github:

https://github.com/LeForgeron/PovContributions

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 May 2017 02:43:52
Message: <592e6628$1@news.povray.org>
On 31-5-2017 7:54, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> You can now find everything from the collections (and more: 3dclouds was
> added there) in github:
>
> https://github.com/LeForgeron/PovContributions

This is working very nicely!

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 28 Jun 2017 05:58:36
Message: <59537dcc@news.povray.org>
On 5/31/2017 2:43 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 31-5-2017 7:54, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>
>> You can now find everything from the collections (and more: 3dclouds was
>> added there) in github:
>>
>> https://github.com/LeForgeron/PovContributions
>>

> This is working very nicely!

If something happens to Le_Forgeron then it will stop working too.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 28 Jun 2017 09:24:28
Message: <5953ae0c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/06/2017 à 11:58, Mike Horvath a écrit :
>> On 31-5-2017 7:54, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>>
>>> You can now find everything from the collections (and more: 3dclouds was
>>> added there) in github:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/LeForgeron/PovContributions
>>>

>> This is working very nicely!
>>

> If something happens to Le_Forgeron then it will stop working too.

Even if I'm not anymore on the Internet, you could always fork it and
even try to reclaim it from github later (if you care).

Or do you have a plan to get github's server down ?