POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : IntegrateLight: an add-on for SpectralRender Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:50:04 EDT (-0400)
  IntegrateLight: an add-on for SpectralRender (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: IntegrateLight: an add-on for SpectralRender
Date: 14 Nov 2016 21:38:44
Message: <582a7534$1@news.povray.org>
In Ive's SpectralRender package, a comment in spectral_lights.inc reads:

   "NOTE: I'm cheating a bit with the Phillips[sic] lamps as they have
   sometimes significant peaks in between the 10nm steps and as those
   peaks are the most interesting part for specular rendering I won't
   miss them."

I wasn't satisfied, so I wrote a module that integrates the spectral
curves instead of just sampling them.  Not only for the Philips lamps,
but the Mitsubishi lamps as well, the difference is noticeable.

The user is also given better control over light source luminosities,
and the luminosities of the preview mode are coordinated with those of
the final spectral mode render.  Many thanks to Scott for your
assistance in this matter.

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=IntegrateLight&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky