POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : SphereSweep 1.1, with B-splines Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:42:09 EDT (-0400)
  SphereSweep 1.1, with B-splines (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: SphereSweep 1.1, with B-splines
Date: 28 Aug 2015 19:15:52
Message: <55e0eba8@news.povray.org>
In SphereSweep 1.1, the B-spline has been implemented for the
sphere_sweep alternatives.  It can now be used with all of the object
macros, not just with SphereSweep_Native() as in version 1.0.

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=SphereSweep&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

I am moving Bézier spline up on the priority list for a future version.
  However, implementation will not be straightforward, due to the
possibility of disjointed spline segments.

Post a reply to this message

> I am moving Bezier spline up on the priority list for a future version.
>   However, implementation will not be straightforward, due to the
> possibility of disjointed spline segments.

It is interesting! :)

Post a reply to this message

> In SphereSweep 1.1, the B-spline has been implemented for the
> sphere_sweep alternatives.  It can now be used with all of the object
> macros, not just with SphereSweep_Native() as in version 1.0.

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=SphereSweep&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

> I am moving Bézier spline up on the priority list for a future version.
>   However, implementation will not be straightforward, due to the
> possibility of disjointed spline segments.

Hello, Cousin Ricky, I'm not sure that you have the plane to make the Bezier
spline sphere sweep macros during the next weeks. Basically I've written one, at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.55d0c6ee48951ba98423d9aa0%40news.povray.org%3E/

And maybe I will write a more general version that put a 'merge' feature and the
variant radius feature on it. We can discuss it.

Post a reply to this message

> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> >
> > I am moving Bezier spline up on the priority list for a future version.
> >   However, implementation will not be straightforward, due to the
> > possibility of disjointed spline segments.
>
> It is interesting! :)

Hello, LanuHum.
I'm sorry. I didn't see this message by you:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.55d0c6ee48951ba98423d9aa0%40news.povray.org%3E/

And I've replied it.

Post a reply to this message

> > Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am moving Bezier spline up on the priority list for a future version.
> > >   However, implementation will not be straightforward, due to the
> > > possibility of disjointed spline segments.
> >
> > It is interesting! :)
>
> Hello, LanuHum.
> I'm sorry. I didn't see this message by you:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.55d0c6ee48951ba98423d9aa0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> And I've replied it.

I control events. I already included your macro in the exporter. It is good that
it compact and available to understanding. I wait for change of radius along a
curve. :)
If the macro from Cousin Ricky has interesting features, I also want them to
see.:)

Post a reply to this message

> > > It is interesting! :)
> >
> > Hello, LanuHum.
> > I'm sorry. I didn't see this message by you:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.55d0c6ee48951ba98423d9aa0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> > And I've replied it.
>
> I control events. I already included your macro in the exporter. It is good that
> it compact and available to understanding. I wait for change of radius along a
> curve. :)
> If the macro from Cousin Ricky has interesting features, I also want them to
> see.:)

Well.

Post a reply to this message