POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Call for Tables Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:37:42 EDT (-0400)
  Call for Tables (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Chris B
Subject: Call for Tables
Date: 12 Jun 2009 08:41:21
Message: <4a324cf1$1@news.povray.org>
I've uploaded a macro onto the object collection to add tables to a scene
(http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=Tables&version=1.0&contributorTag=chrisb).

It only contains two quite simple tables at the moment, but I figure there
must be lots of people who have done tables that could easily be added into
this macro. The 'Tables' macro takes a single parameter, which is the name
of the table, so:

  #include "tables.inc"
  Tables("Small Coffee Table")

adds the small coffee table to your scene at the origin and:

  object {Tables("Big Coffee Table") translate x*0.2}

... well I think you get the idea.

To add a new table definition into the 'Tables' macro in 'tables.inc' you
can add a new #case clause and give your new table a new name.
Your new #case statement can either contain the new table definition or a
call to a separate macro that returns a table object. You can use the
texture macro that's there or add your own table textures.

If you wish you can upload a new version containing your additions, or you
could post a code-snippet on povray.text.scene-files, containing a #case
clause, any accompanying macros/texture definitions and a statement making
it clear that you'd like it added into the collection and I'd be happy to
consolidate, document and post an updated version of the macro onto the
Object Collection. Names of everything need to be prefixed with "Tables_"
(see existing definitions).

Regards,
Chris B.