POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Contribution Drive update: My Office Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Contribution Drive update: My Office (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chambers
Subject: Contribution Drive update: My Office
Date: 3 Feb 2008 03:39:00
Message: <47a57da4@news.povray.org>
Based on the suggestions here, I'm trying an iterative, community driven
image.  That is, as objects are added to the collection, I'll add them
to a common scene, and post that image in p.b.i hoping to get some
attention (and, as a result, some submissions).

Once we get at least five objects, I'll upload it to lib.povray.org.
There is no time limit, and I'm willing to accept whatever submissions
people have.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

> Based on the suggestions here, I'm trying an iterative, community driven
> image.  That is, as objects are added to the collection, I'll add them
> to a common scene, and post that image in p.b.i hoping to get some
> attention (and, as a result, some submissions).
>
> Once we get at least five objects, I'll upload it to lib.povray.org.
> There is no time limit, and I'm willing to accept whatever submissions
> people have.

Sounds cool, I should have something soon, maybe today.  I thought also
I would post on p.b.images to try and create some momentum.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 3 Feb 2008 10:01:18
Message: <47a5d73e$1@news.povray.org>

> Based on the suggestions here, I'm trying an iterative, community driven
> image.  That is, as objects are added to the collection, I'll add them
> to a common scene, and post that image in p.b.i hoping to get some
> attention (and, as a result, some submissions).
>
> Once we get at least five objects, I'll upload it to lib.povray.org.
> There is no time limit, and I'm willing to accept whatever submissions
> people have.

The complete-scene-so-far (code and image) should be on a website or
somewhere else that people can see its progress :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris B
Date: 3 Feb 2008 10:36:18
Message: <47a5df72@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

>> Based on the suggestions here, I'm trying an iterative, community driven
>> image.  That is, as objects are added to the collection, I'll add them to
>> a common scene, and post that image in p.b.i hoping to get some attention
>> (and, as a result, some submissions).
>>
>> Once we get at least five objects, I'll upload it to lib.povray.org.
>> There is no time limit, and I'm willing to accept whatever submissions
>> people have.
>>

> The complete-scene-so-far (code and image) should be on a website or
> somewhere else that people can see its progress :)

Hi Nicolas,

Once up on lib.povray.org, people will be able to see the complete code and
images, plus any documentation for each new version of the bundle of
objects.

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 3 Feb 2008 10:44:10
Message: <47a5e14a$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B escribió:
> Once up on lib.povray.org, people will be able to see the complete code and
> images, plus any documentation for each new version of the bundle of
> objects.

I meant the full scene code and image should be updated on each object
added / change made. As a preview to watch its progress, not as a "new
version released".