POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : trouble using povray through php Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:41:12 EDT (-0400)
  trouble using povray through php (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: imkael
Subject: trouble using povray through php
Date: 11 Jul 2018 08:55:01
Message: <web.5b45fd86c58a6d1e4c516b590@news.povray.org>
Hello, all.

Sorry if the subjet was allready treated I haven't seen one answer. I'm trying
to use povray to generate .png with editable parameters on a web page. I made a
formular sheet and generate .pov files. after this generation i execute a
command like :" /usr/bin/povray +I"example.pov" +FN +W1600 +H1200
+O"/home/emilien/most-3-d-customizer/files/example.png" +Q9 +AM2 +A0.5 "

povray starts  with all parameter that seems correct and finish by

==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
Error opening terminal: unknown.

My configuration is : debian9 web server + php7 + povray3.7

Is there anyone can help me ?  Thanks in advance

Imkael

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry if the subjet was allready treated I haven't seen one answer. I'm trying
> to use povray to generate .png with editable parameters on a web page. I made a
> formular sheet and generate .pov files. after this generation i execute a
> command like :" /usr/bin/povray +I"example.pov" +FN +W1600 +H1200
> +O"/home/emilien/most-3-d-customizer/files/example.png" +Q9 +AM2 +A0.5 "
>

> povray starts  with all parameter that seems correct and finish by
>
> ==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
> Error opening terminal: unknown.

Adding the `-D` command-line parameter might help. Without this
parameter, POV-Ray will try to display a preview, which - depending on
the settings with which it was compiled - might require POV-Ray to run
in a terminal session.

Post a reply to this message

> command like :" /usr/bin/povray +I"example.pov" +FN +W1600 +H1200
> +O"/home/emilien/most-3-d-customizer/files/example.png" +Q9 +AM2 +A0.5 "
>
> povray starts  with all parameter that seems correct and finish by
>
> ==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
> Error opening terminal: unknown.

have you tried a command like "sh /usr/bin/povray ..."?
the error message makes me think povray isn't run from a shell, and thus no
std{in,out,err}.

> My configuration is : debian9 web server + php7 + povray3.7

disclaimer: I don't use Debian.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> > Sorry if the subjet was allready treated I haven't seen one answer. I'm trying
> > to use povray to generate .png with editable parameters on a web page. I made a
> > formular sheet and generate .pov files. after this generation i execute a
> > command like :" /usr/bin/povray +I"example.pov" +FN +W1600 +H1200
> > +O"/home/emilien/most-3-d-customizer/files/example.png" +Q9 +AM2 +A0.5 "
> >

> > povray starts  with all parameter that seems correct and finish by
> >
> > ==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
> > Error opening terminal: unknown.
>
> Adding the `-D` command-line parameter might help. Without this
> parameter, POV-Ray will try to display a preview, which - depending on
> the settings with which it was compiled - might require POV-Ray to run
> in a terminal session.

thanks a lot it works just fine. I've been searching for one week!! thanks a lot
again clipka .

Post a reply to this message

> > command like :" /usr/bin/povray +I"example.pov" +FN +W1600 +H1200
> > +O"/home/emilien/most-3-d-customizer/files/example.png" +Q9 +AM2 +A0.5 "
> >
> > povray starts  with all parameter that seems correct and finish by
> >
> > ==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
> > Error opening terminal: unknown.
>
> have you tried a command like "sh /usr/bin/povray ..."?
> the error message makes me think povray isn't run from a shell, and thus no
> std{in,out,err}.
>
> > My configuration is : debian9 web server + php7 + povray3.7
>
> disclaimer: I don't use Debian.
>

> regards, jr.

thanks for your answer but i've tried a few days ago and it doesn't work. The
Clipka answer work well. Thanks anyway

Regards ,Imkael