POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Convert a solid to something pov-ray can read Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:52:20 EDT (-0400)
  Convert a solid to something pov-ray can read (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Convert a solid to something pov-ray can read
Date: 23 Sep 2016 12:02:56
Message: <57e55230@news.povray.org>
Am 23.09.2016 um 17:19 schrieb SecondCup:

> Apologies mate but I have no idea what 'p.b.i' means.

It's shorthand for "povray.binaries.images".

Post a reply to this message

From: SecondCup
Date: 23 Sep 2016 14:00:00
Message: <web.57e56d1bb7609bbbe6b2e390@news.povray.org>
> It's shorthand for "povray.binaries.images".

Thanks Clipka, why I'm still posting in the 'newusers' section :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 23 Sep 2016 14:53:40
Message: <57e57a34$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/09/16 18:58, SecondCup wrote:
>> It's shorthand for "povray.binaries.images".
>
> Thanks Clipka, why I'm still posting in the 'newusers' section :)

... and p.o-t is povray.off-topic, but you have to be mad to go there :-D

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

On 9/23/2016 7:53 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 23/09/16 18:58, SecondCup wrote:
>>> It's shorthand for "povray.binaries.images".
>>
>> Thanks Clipka, why I'm still posting in the 'newusers' section :)
>>

> .... and p.o-t is povray.off-topic, but you have to be mad to go there :-D

And that is why you live there. ;)

Come join us, if you dare. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 9/23/2016 7:53 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> .... and p.o-t is povray.off-topic, but you have to be mad to go there
>> :-D
>>

> And that is why you live there. ;)

I have never claimed to possess a single shred of sanity. You, however,
often attempt to be the voice of reason ;-)

> Come join us, if you dare. :)

@SecondCup, if you pop in to see us, Stephen will go to the bar and
order your drink, Jim Henderson will pay for it

John the financially Embarassed

On 9/23/2016 8:32 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 23/09/16 20:03, Stephen wrote:
>> On 9/23/2016 7:53 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>>> .... and p.o-t is povray.off-topic, but you have to be mad to go there
>>> :-D
>>>

>> And that is why you live there. ;)
>>

> I have never claimed to possess a single shred of sanity. You, however,
> often attempt to be the voice of reason ;-)

That is true for you and a lot of us. :)

>> Come join us, if you dare. :)
>>

> @SecondCup, if you pop in to see us, Stephen will go to the bar and
> order your drink, Jim Henderson will pay for it
>
> John the financially Embarassed

Only because you always leave your wallet at home. :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Only because you always leave your wallet at home. :-P

You are, of course, joking; the Kat and/or the Feegle would be on it in
a flash.

I leave it at work

John

From: Stephen
Date: 23 Sep 2016 16:42:06
Message: <57e5939e$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/23/2016 9:12 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 23/09/16 20:48, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Only because you always leave your wallet at home. :-P
>>

> You are, of course, joking; the Kat and/or the Feegle would be on it in
> a flash.

You mean they know your combination number?
I will have to get someone from security to give you a refresher. :-P

> I leave it at work

And you trust them, THEM?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Sep 2016 03:02:05
Message: <57e624ed$1@news.povray.org>
On 23-9-2016 19:58, SecondCup wrote:
>> It's shorthand for "povray.binaries.images".
>
> Thanks Clipka, why I'm still posting in the 'newusers' section :)

Sorry, my bad indeed. I should have written it out loud and clear ;-)

However, back to the matter at hand: could you post (in p.b.i) an image
of the object as it appears to you in Poseray and/or after render in
POV-Ray? That may help me/us to give a learned answer. I have a couple
of ideas on the matter but I want to be sure.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: SecondCup
Date: 29 Sep 2016 15:35:00
Message: <web.57ed6c5db7609bb7f17efbc0@news.povray.org>
> On 23-9-2016 19:58, SecondCup wrote:
> >> It's shorthand for "povray.binaries.images".
> >
> > Thanks Clipka, why I'm still posting in the 'newusers' section :)
> >

> Sorry, my bad indeed. I should have written it out loud and clear ;-)
>
> However, back to the matter at hand: could you post (in p.b.i) an image
> of the object as it appears to you in Poseray and/or after render in
> POV-Ray? That may help me/us to give a learned answer. I have a couple
> of ideas on the matter but I want to be sure.
>
> --
> Thomas

Dammnit I cant recall which group I posted in but I just posted a new question
with attachments to either the images or scene-files. Ether way it'll be up
soon. The attachment 'lobes_all.pov" was created in Accutrans3D