POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Returning values from macros Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:53:02 EDT (-0400)
  Returning values from macros (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Returning values from macros
Date: 31 May 2016 15:25:08
Message: <574de514$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.05.2016 um 19:04 schrieb Bald Eagle:

> Just curious - will there be mixed data-type support in arrays, if there are
> tuple-style tricks?
>
> Having arrays where different rows could be of different data types - scalars,
> strings, vectors, whatever...   would be VERY handy.
>
> Pipe-dream here, but:
> Would you be able to have an array of faux-tuples?

Nope, nope and nope.

Tuple-/style/ /assignments/ it is, nothing more.

Implementing any other tuple-style tricks will be a PITA, thanks to the
clusterfuck we occasionally call a parser.

Post a reply to this message

> Tuple-/style/ /assignments/ it is, nothing more.
>
> Implementing any other tuple-style tricks will be a PITA, thanks to the
> clusterfuck we occasionally call a parser.

... and there was me thinking that you were going to rewrite it ;-)

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents