POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Logo Placement Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:46:35 EDT (-0400)
  Logo Placement (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: TSDLL
Subject: Logo Placement
Date: 3 Feb 2015 05:20:00
Message: <web.54d0a0796fec17dabd5d85090@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Sorry if this is a questions that's been answered elsewhere, is there a way to
set povray up so that it will automatically place a logo on the output images?

We don't have any decent image editing software, so if povray automatically
dropped it in, it would be better than using MS Paint.

Regards,

Tom

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry if this is a questions that's been answered elsewhere, is there a way to
> set povray up so that it will automatically place a logo on the output images?
>
> We don't have any decent image editing software, so if povray automatically
> dropped it in, it would be better than using MS Paint.

Hi Tom and welcome,
Yes there is a way to do that.
There is an include file called screen.inc you should use.
The documentation is here:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/495/

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > Sorry if this is a questions that's been answered elsewhere, is there a way to
> > set povray up so that it will automatically place a logo on the output images?
> >
> > We don't have any decent image editing software, so if povray automatically
> > dropped it in, it would be better than using MS Paint.
> >

> Hi Tom and welcome,
> Yes there is a way to do that.
> There is an include file called screen.inc you should use.
> The documentation is here:
>

> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/495/
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Thanks Stephen,

Apologies again but I'm finding that hard to follow.  If I wanted to place the
image "myimage" in the bottom left of the sceen would I just copy this code into
the povray window?

#declare myimage=
texture {
   pigment {
      image_map {
         png "myimage.png" once
         transmit 0, 0.8
         transmit 1, 0.8
         transmit 2, 0.8
         transmit 3, 0.8
         transmit 4, 0.4
         transmit 5, 0.4
      }
   }
   finish {ambient 1 diffuse 0}
}

Screen_Object ( myimage, <1,0>, <0.04,0.02>, true, 0.01 )

Post a reply to this message