POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Probably a stupid question about EGG format exporting Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Probably a stupid question about EGG format exporting (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Thor Argent
Subject: Probably a stupid question about EGG format exporting
Date: 28 Jun 2014 18:50:00
Message: <web.53af461938c9969841a406cf0@news.povray.org>
So this is my first time back on the groups after probably ten years.  Been
busy.  Anyway, I have recently started a project using Panda3D and I found that
the format is not something that POV-Ray exports.  So I got Blender and started
doing some things with it, found out that it too does not have egg file unless
you install an add-on, which I got.

Problem is, the add-on is buggy.  I got some export yesterday, then today the
same file won't work.  Never mind but error messages all over.  No clue what has
changed but that is neither here nor there.  Here is the heart of it.

As a veteran POVer I would really prefer to stick with what I know best and find
an egg-file format exporter or converter utility.  Does anyone know of one?

It really is a situation where I need it pretty badly.  Otherwise the learning
curve and bug curve will be just way too much.

Thanks in advance.

Charles

Post a reply to this message