POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Internal function Server Time
23 Apr 2024 04:57:10 EDT (-0400)
  Internal function (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Mr
Subject: Re: Internal function
Date: 22 Feb 2017 04:15:00
Message: <web.58ad561bc684011516086ed00@news.povray.org>
> Am 18.02.2017 um 15:25 schrieb kurtz le pirate:
> > Le 18/02/2017 à 13:33, clipka a écrit :
> >> Are you sure this is a genuine POV-Ray scene (as opposed to e.g. a
> >> MegaPOV scene)? I'd be surprised if POV-Ray ever ditched any of its
> >> inbuilt functions or renumbered them.
> >> [snip]
> >>

> > Thanks for your help, and yes, it's a POVRay scene.
> > Here the begin of the code :
> > #declare f_mandelbulb=function{internal(79)};
>
> Ah! The famous Mandelbulb function!
>
> I'm sorry, but it is /not/ really a POV-Ray scene: It is a scene for a
> special /patched/ version.
>
> The other fellows' posts might provide useful pointers.

The fellows... like, from the fellowship?
"One version to rule them all, and in the brightness bind them..."
must have said Clipka after he decided the dark days of unmergeable POV vs
MegaPOV were over. He had found Sauron's Git commit keys and decided to bridge
POV, UberPOV, HGPOV... by keeping them in synch with the help of the Community
and the (version unofficial keyword) ! Thanks again! :-)