POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : povray with moray using win7 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  povray with moray using win7 (Message 11 to 20 of 27)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: povray with moray using win7
Date: 8 Apr 2012 06:00:15
Message: <4f8161af@news.povray.org>
On 08/04/2012 10:26 AM, peter puzzelaar wrote:
> In Povray 3.5 all tools are available, including povray.ini and
> pvengine.ini.

Okay

> As to your advice about reinstalling: i did the very same thing yesterday.
> ridding all povray and moray programs, afterwards cleaning the registry, then
> doing a reinstall: first povray 3.5. Result was that still Povray 3.5 could not
> render any file. (same applies to other PC in my home with win7. On a third PC
> with windows XP, Povray 3.5 and Moray 3.5 work nicely together.

I have a laptop that does not have PovRay on it. I will download 3.5 and
see what happens.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Apr 2012 06:54:44
Message: <4f816e74$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/04/2012 11:00 AM, Stephen wrote:
> I have a laptop that does not have PovRay on it. I will download 3.5 and
> see what happens.

Okay, I did that thing and got the same results.
I got it working by going into the icon's properties and ticking the
disable visual themes box in the compatibility tab. It might be better
to do it to pvengine.exe

Do the same for Moray also set the compatibility to Win XP SP 3

I am sure that this will help but if not post again

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message