POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Dimensions: A two-hour movie made in Povray! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:48:45 EDT (-0400)
  Dimensions: A two-hour movie made in Povray! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jos leys
Subject: Dimensions: A two-hour movie made in Povray!
Date: 18 Jun 2008 18:00:00
Message: <web.485985326e8ec62730dbf7850@news.povray.org>

producing two hours of Povray animation, and this is now available as a DVD at
www.dimensions-math.org.
In the animations, we explain the concept of 'dimensions' in 9 chapters of 13
minutes each.
We are distributing this DVD under a 'Creative Commons' license: copying and
further distribution is allowed, but modifications and commercial use is
prohibited. As a non-profit project, the DVD price just covers the cost of
production: 10 euro, which includes worldwide shipping. (we only have a PAL
version for now)

Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeWx_pJpJ50

If you have a good connection, you can also download the 9 chapters from the
website, free of charge. These films are in the Quicktime 'mov' format and we
propose tips on which players to use to watch them (Quicktime is one of them
but there are several others)

Both on the DVD and in the downloads, the spoken commentary is available in
French, English, Spanish and Arabic. Subtitles are provided in Arabic, Dutch,
Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese,
Spanish and Russian. Instructions on how tu use subtitles are available also.

We just opened the website tonight: be the first to pay us a visit, and for any
comments, which we look forward to, you can use the 'Contact' tab.

Besides offering the downloads, there are also pages with more detailed
explanations on the topics in the different chapters of the project.

The website is available in English, French and Dutch.

One final technical note: we had to render about 175,000 800*600 pixel images in
total!

Jos Leys and the 'Dimensions' team

Post a reply to this message