POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray
Date: 22 Sep 2012 07:19:19
Message: <505d9eb7$1@news.povray.org>
Problem with Prism.pov:

unable to find: M_Spectral_Glass

Does not appear in any of the available files.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Sep 2012 07:23:55
Message: <505d9fcb$1@news.povray.org>
Before all else (I noted it in my comments):

In the command line, +E should be +FE
otherwise it does not save in exr format.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray: comments on the tutorial
Date: 22 Sep 2012 07:47:11
Message: <505da53f$1@news.povray.org>
Ive, I have the following suggestions for your online tutorial:

1) put the *Prerequisites* block at the top of the tutorial.

2) The command line option +E should be +FE (see Docs) in the tutorial
and in all .pov files.

3) the *Quick Overview* block is a bit confusing as it mentions all kind
of processes which are dealt with only later. I suggest to delete this
block, or – better – to include it at the beginning of the *Some Hints*
block.

4) In the *First Step* block, ColorChecker.pov does not render the shown
image, strictly speaking. This is done by SpectralComposer.pov. I
suggest to change the first paragraph to something like: “Render the
file ColorChecker.pov animation. This will produce a series of
grey-scale images of the GretagMacbeth(tm) ColorChecker Chart.”. Below,
change the corresponding text: “...will create the final PNG image shown
above. “

5) For better understanding just tell the user to uncomment #declare
FName = "ColorChecker"; and to comment out #declare FName =
"Diffraction"; That would be more comprehensive / less confusing.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Am 22.09.2012 13:47, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Ive, I have the following suggestions for your online tutorial:
>
> 1) put the *Prerequisites* block at the top of the tutorial.
>
> 2) The command line option +E should be +FE (see Docs) in the tutorial
> and in all .pov files.
>
> 3) the *Quick Overview* block is a bit confusing as it mentions all kind
> of processes which are dealt with only later. I suggest to delete this
> block, or – better – to include it at the beginning of the *Some Hints*
> block.
>
> 4) In the *First Step* block, ColorChecker.pov does not render the shown
> image, strictly speaking. This is done by SpectralComposer.pov. I
> suggest to change the first paragraph to something like: “Render the
> file ColorChecker.pov animation. This will produce a series of
> grey-scale images of the GretagMacbeth(tm) ColorChecker Chart.”. Below,
> change the corresponding text: “...will create the final PNG image shown
> above. “
>
> 5) For better understanding just tell the user to uncomment #declare
> FName = "ColorChecker"; and to comment out #declare FName =
> "Diffraction"; That would be more comprehensive / less confusing.

Thomas, thank you very much!
This is very helpful and I've corrected already all the "critical
errors" within both the web.page and the zip-file:
+FE everywhere and M_Spectral_Glass from Prism.inc has changed to
M_Spectral_Filter.
And I will also follow your advises but it might take some time because
literally I just hear RealLife(tm) urgent calling from outside...

... more later

- Ive

Post a reply to this message

> This is very helpful and I've corrected already all the "critical
> errors" within both the web.page and the zip-file:
> +FE everywhere and M_Spectral_Glass from Prism.inc has changed to
> M_Spectral_Filter.
> And I will also follow your advises but it might take some time because
> literally I just hear RealLife(tm) urgent calling from outside...
>
> ... more later

You are welcome; glad to have been of help. If I find something else
I'll tell you.

I am going to play some more with your macros. There are some
interesting possibilities and the results are very nice.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message