POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : LionSnake 1.7.9 Available for Download Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  LionSnake 1.7.9 Available for Download (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: LionSnake 1.7.9 Available for Download
Date: 2 Apr 2008 15:20:49
Message: <47f3eaa1$1@news.povray.org>
Changes from version 1.7.8:

# The application would crash when trying to load files in the original
archive format. Although I suspect that this format was never used in a
release version, I'm not 100% certain, so this has been fixed.
# There was a crash whenever the user tried to subdivide a portion of
the mesh. Fixed.
# There was a crash whenever the mesh topology was changed during
subdivision preview. Fixed.
# The previous bug was discovered while the subdivision preview was in
the middle of a large rewrite. The texture-mapping still hasn't been
added back in yet, so for now there is no texture-mapping in subdivision
preview.
# Floating point error was causing values that should have been zero to
be displayed as very small numbers near zero. Now values that are
supposed to be zero look like zero.
# When the view was rotated the right way, there was a gap between the
edge of the axis grid and the corner of the screen. Now the grid, when
visible, always occupies the whole screen.

Regards,
John