POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : LionSnake 1.6.6 released Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:39:09 EDT (-0400)
  LionSnake 1.6.6 released (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: LionSnake 1.6.6 released
Date: 17 Feb 2007 22:21:47
Message: <45d7c64b$1@news.povray.org>
As with the past couple of releases, this is a bugfix/performance
improvement release.

http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/lionsnake.htm

Version 1.6.6, 17 February 2007

I have a custom-made container for my linked lists, and this container
had a member which kept track of the number of items in the list. When
an item was removed from the list, the remove function had only a
pointer to the object, and not to the container; the dummy head of the
list is also the first member of the container, so I could find the
container by tracing back from the object to the start of the list,
re-cast the pointer, and then access the population member. This is not
terribly sound coding practice, was probably hurting performance, and
may have been the cause of a crash that sometimes happened at program
exit. I was able to eliminate all access to the population member, and
therefore remove it, and therefore eliminate the list trace.