POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Find and Replace Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:46:41 EDT (-0400)
  Find and Replace (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg Williams
Subject: Find and Replace
Date: 10 Dec 2007 21:30:01
Message: <web.475df605cce43a3c295a9a3d0@news.povray.org>
What are the limits of the Search/Replace command on the Mac platform?

I have a file that contains several thousand instances of: rgbt <number, number,
number, 1.000000>  I need to replace all of those 1.000000  t-values with  0.
(The source of the 1.000000 values is the modeling program, DS Visualizer, and
I can't fix it. It's a known bug in Visualizer.)

I can replace a small set of them, say on the order of 25 or so with
Search/Replace All, Selection only.

However, if I select all of the entire file, or even more than a couple of
hundred cases, and do the same Search/Replace All, Selection only, I get the
Mac spinning color wheel of the death, and the program locks up. I have to
Force Quit POV Ray.

This isn't a problem on the Windows version.

Is this a known problem for Mac 3.6.0 build197?

Thanks,

Greg

Post a reply to this message

> What are the limits of the Search/Replace command on the Mac platform?
<snip>
> However, if I select all of the entire file, or even more than a couple of
> hundred cases, and do the same Search/Replace All, Selection only, I get the
> Mac spinning color wheel of the death, and the program locks up. I have to
> Force Quit POV Ray.

There are no limits, it will just take really long if you have a very huge
file. POV-Ray does not lock up, it is just taking very long to perform the
find and replace, especially if the file is several megabytes in size.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message