POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac Server Time
29 Mar 2024 01:51:10 EDT (-0400)
  I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: Oleguer Vilella
Subject: Re: I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac
Date: 2 Apr 2006 03:24:40
Message: <PM0004106D901B7A0E@ordenador-de-oleguer-vilella-mitjana.unknown.dom>
Yeah. so maybe it's better don't do it because it's the first Mac that I've
bought and I'm still learing how to use it and I've no idea about how to
compile that Unix software here. I've done some time on my desk computer,
there I've Linux Red Hat 9.0 and Pov-Ray works fine.
Well, we will wait for some system update.

Regards,
Oleguer

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Oleguer Vilella wrote:
>> What could happen if I do something wrong? I've got Linux Red Hat 9 on the
>> other computer and I've done that installation there some time ago, but if
>> tray it on the Mac and I do something wrong what could happen here?
>
> You do NOT need to install LINUX. You need to get the POV-Ray UNIX source
> code archive and just need to compile it. But as said before, if you don't
> know that, or how to do that, you likely cause more damage to your system
> than anything else. Thus, for your own good, don't try it unless you know
> what you are doing.
>
>     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message