POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:43:53 EDT (-0400)
  I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Oleguer Vilella
Subject: Re: I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac
Date: 1 Apr 2006 10:48:45
Message: <PM000410607CE140E6@ordenador-de-oleguer-vilella-mitjana.unknown.dom>
What could happen if I do something wrong? I've got Linux Red Hat 9 on the
other computer and I've done that installation there some time ago, but if I
tray it on the Mac and I do something wrong what could happen here?

I've reported the problem to the Mac support, I don't know if they will read
it.

Regards,
Oleguer

Oleguer Vilella wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Ok, thank you very much for your information I will read that files.
>
> Regards,
> Oleguer
>

> "Christian Walther" <cwa### [at] gmxch> escribió en el mensaje
>> Oleguer wrote:
>>> How can I install the Linux software in the Mac?
>>
>> Download
>> <ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Unix/povray-3.6.tar.bz2>, read
>> the README in it, and judge for yourself whether you're comfortable with
>> doing the kind of things it tells you to. I haven't done this in a while,
>> so I don't know how well it works.
>>
>> Alternatively, if POV-Ray really doesn't run in Rosetta, I suppose it's
>> only a matter of time until someone provides a binary distribution of the
>> command-line version. Maybe I'll try, but even if I succeed in compiling
>> an universal version, I won't be able test the x86 half as I don't have an
>> x86 Mac yet.
>>
>> You could also try MegaPOV (http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/). As far
>> as I know there's no universal version yet, but maybe it runs in Rosetta.
>>
>>  -Christian

Post a reply to this message