POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Disable expiration for 3.6 or 3.5? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:58:18 EDT (-0400)
  Disable expiration for 3.6 or 3.5? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Brian
Subject: Disable expiration for 3.6 or 3.5?
Date: 26 Apr 2004 03:25:00
Message: <web.408cb848faa4603d3275b2dd0@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to disable the expiration date check on the latest versions
of Mac Povray. It's a pain (and potentially dangerous) to keep the date a
year behind just so I can render things. I'm running OS X 10.3, so the
non-expiring 3.5 (build 173) won't work for me.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-- Brian

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to disable the expiration date check on the latest versions
> of Mac Povray. It's a pain (and potentially dangerous) to keep the date a
> year behind just so I can render things. I'm running OS X 10.3, so the
> non-expiring 3.5 (build 173) won't work for me.

Obviously not, beta versions do expire for a very good reason after all.
You are not supposed to indefinitely run versions known to contain
potentially serious bugs.  Even worse, many users tend to end up reporting
such bugs in old beta versions, which causes lots of confusion.  This is why
beta versions usually expire.

> Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How about getting the current beta?  It expires May 17th, 2004...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.