POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : run files Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:10:34 EDT (-0400)
  run files (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Gary Oswald
Subject: run files
Date: 27 Oct 2003 11:05:01
Message: <web.3f9d4215c0dee5c31714fc500@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know where I can get the files to run POVtree and TOMTREE on a
MAC os 9 machine?  I went to the java site that the author recomended, but
I did not see one for the mac.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: run files
Date: 27 Oct 2003 15:07:05
Message: <3f9d7ae9@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3f9d4215c0dee5c31714fc500@news.povray.org> , "Gary Oswald"
<osw### [at] netzerocom> wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get the files to run POVtree and TOMTREE on a
> MAC os 9 machine?  I went to the java site that the author recomended, but
> I did not see one for the mac.

You should just download the POV-Tree archive and run it?  It works just
fine on Mac OS X.

On the other hand, your "MAC os 9 machine" is supposed to suggest you are
running Mac OS 9?  And may I guess the "java site that the author
recommended" is the link in the "README.txt" file in the POVtree archive?
If that link is indeed <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html>, what
makes you believe there is a Mac version there?  The readme surely doesn't
imply it.  In fact, as you might guess if you read on in the readme document
(which says the program was only tested on Windows, yet there are no
requirements listed for Windows), it is there mostly for Windows users.

Apple does not support Java newer than 1.1.8 on Mac OS 9. So you will have
to either get Mac OS X or you cannot run this Java program.

Also, maybe you should at least *try* to get the case of the important terms
right, it isn't rocket science, and makes helping you easier as one can
actually search for "POV-Tree" rather than "POVtree"!  It would also really
help if you could try to structure your question and include the relevant
information (the link you talk about), because maybe you are just asking
something completely else, I don't know...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde