POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Compiling generic unix version of POV 3.5 on OS X Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling generic unix version of POV 3.5 on OS X (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Atool
Subject: Compiling generic unix version of POV 3.5 on OS X
Date: 15 Aug 2003 01:30:01
Message: <web.3f3c6fba9029b7a07d76b8750@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I was just wondering if it's possible to compile the generic Unix version of
POV 3.5 on OS X.  I tried compiling it, but I keep running into errors; the
first time I did the standard configure/make cycle, make crashed because it
didn't understand two compiler flags; I eventually tried removing these
compiler flags from makefile.am and rebuilding using
aclocal/autoconf/automake, and then a few other strategies, all to no
avail.  Has anyone had any luck getting this compile to work?  All I want
is a command-line, non-GUI version of POV 3.5 so I can put an OSX box on a
render farm.

Post a reply to this message

> I was just wondering if it's possible to compile the generic Unix version of
> POV 3.5 on OS X.

The 3.5 script for Unix assume a lot about running on Linux for Intel x86.
Wait for 3.5.1.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> I was just wondering if it's possible to compile the generic Unix version of
> POV 3.5 on OS X.

http://news.povray.org/pan.2003.04.24.18.38.56.358111%40ntlworld.com

Dave

Post a reply to this message

>> I was just wondering if it's possible to compile the generic Unix version of
>> POV 3.5 on OS X.
>
>http://news.povray.org/pan.2003.04.24.18.38.56.358111%40ntlworld.com
>
>Dave

Thanks!!