POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : OS X and QT Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:49:26 EDT (-0400)
  OS X and QT (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: gmanas
Subject: OS X and QT
Date: 6 May 2003 09:30:06
Message: <web.3eb7b830119ef85d2f48a4160@news.povray.org>
Hi, I am new to POV and just learing how all this works and having a
fantastic time. I am quite amazed that such a package exists.  All of you
should be commended. I do have two questions.   1) is there going to be a
fix to the OS 10.2.4 file open bug?  Right now I just open my file in
TextEdit copy and paste it to a new POV window.  I know this can't hold me
forever as my projects grow.    2) when I render a static scene it goes
fairly fast, just a few seconds.  My scenes are simple right now.  I was
trying to create a simple animation using clock but find that once I turn
on animation the render time goes to hours.  I am doing something wrong?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, I am new to POV and just learing how all this works and having a
> fantastic time. I am quite amazed that such a package exists.  All of you
> should be commended. I do have two questions.   1) is there going to be a
> fix to the OS 10.2.4 file open bug?  Right now I just open my file in
> TextEdit copy and paste it to a new POV window.  I know this can't hold me
> forever as my projects grow.

If you want a fix right now, you could just get MacMegaPOV from:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/

> 2) when I render a static scene it goes
> fairly fast, just a few seconds.  My scenes are simple right now.  I was
> trying to create a simple animation using clock but find that once I turn
> on animation the render time goes to hours.  I am doing something wrong?

Simply turning on animation should not have that effect on frame render
times. What are you doing that is dependant on the clock variable? Is it
just the render time that increases, or is it really the parse time?
Does it happen on the very first frame, or only on subsequent ones? Does
it get worse with each frame?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/