POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Can't get 3.5 to render anything Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:02:25 EDT (-0400)
  Can't get 3.5 to render anything (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Gildner
Subject: Can't get 3.5 to render anything
Date: 27 Feb 2003 10:10:05
Message: <web.3e5e296daa699300b6bb214c0@news.povray.org>
I'm having a problem. I've tried running POV on my Mac, and it just doesn't
want to work.

I get the rendering progress dialog, but that's it. The dialog never goes
away, and the rendering is never generated. I'm using MacOS 9.2, and have
tried on MacOS X 10.2.4. PowerBook G4 ("TiBook"), 450 MHz, 358 Mb RAM, and
several MB of free HD.

This sounds similar to an earlier posting:

Christian Walther wrote:
>o The render progress dialog keeps showing the text "Start", a barber pole,
>and no meaningful figures ("0000000" for "Total Objects", "-" for all
>others) for the whole time until I quit POV-Ray. It doesn't even change or
>disappear after the rendering has finished.

except that the rendering never starts, so it never finishes. I've been
trying to render a very simple scene that takes seconds on a Windows 98
machine.

Any advice would be greatly welcome!

Thanks,
Ray Gildner