POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Fw: [Re: Real-time raytracing test] Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:00:23 EDT (-0400)
  Fw: [Re: Real-time raytracing test] (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Francois LE COAT
Subject: Fw: [Re: Real-time raytracing test]
Date: 1 Nov 2006 05:45:56
Message: <45487ae4$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Chris,

Chris Cason wrote :
 > For those interested, please visit <http://www.povray.org/beta/rtr/>
 > It's not very well tested (only on the systems I had available to me),

 > so YMMV. Expect it to have some rough edges. Please report issues
 > here.

It's such a pity I can't test this nice feature on my dua### [at] 125GHz
using the Altivec Multimedia Instruction Set, either under MacOSX or
Yellow Dog Linux, taking advantage of my iSight FireWire camera :(

I'm sure that Persistence Of Vision is not intended to Win users !
Furthermore for little-endian (x86 - x86_64) architectures.

Do you really mind the huge amount of work that will need to be done ?

This configuration is the typical devel system for the upcoming
PlayStation3 multimedia platform, embedding a big-endian CPU (Cell),
that is shipping the 17th of November in the USA and Japan, or at
March 2007 for the rest of the world.

c.f. <http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/delivery.shtml>
or <http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/> :-D

Regards,

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
<http://eureka.atari.org/>