POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : 3.6 problems Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:01:57 EDT (-0400)
  3.6 problems (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Apollo16
Subject: 3.6 problems
Date: 19 Jan 2004 13:49:57
Message: <400C260D.8080401@earthlink.net>
I can't get any file created in 3.5 to run in 3.6. (I am using 9.2 on an
imac.) This is very easy to reproduce. See for yourself:

Make the basic file example from template 3.5 menu (the beach ball).
Save it in 3.5. Open 3.6 and attempt to render the scene in 3.6. Get the
following screwy error messages:

Cannot process command-line at '' due to a parse error.
This is not a valid command-line. Check the command-line for syntax
errors, correct them, and try
again!
Valid command-line switches are explained in detail in the reference
part of the documentation

Parsing Options
Input file: OBJECT.POV (compatible to version 3.60)
Remove bounds........On Split unions.........Off
Library paths:
Output Options
Image resolution 100 by 100 (rows 0 to 100, columns 0 to 100).
Output file: OBJECT.tga, 24 bpp Targa
Graphic display.....Off
Mosaic preview.......Off
CPU usage histogram.Off
Continued trace......Off
Tracing Options
Quality: 9
Bounding boxes......On Bounding threshold: 25
Light Buffer.........On Vista Buffer.........On Draw Vista Buffer....Off
Antialiasing........Off
Radiosity............Off
Animation Options
Clock value.... 0.000 (Animation off)
Possible Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Could not find file
'OBJECT.POV'
Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Cannot open input file.

Now here's the kicker...

Make the basic scene file from template in 3.6 and it will render. No
visible difference between files.Nothing appears in the commandline
blank in the gui in either case. (None were added!)

So... what's going on? Wetware or software problem?

Post a reply to this message