POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh rendering artifacts Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh rendering artifacts (Message 1 to 10 of 63)
From: yesbird
Subject: Mesh rendering artifacts
Date: 26 Jan 2023 03:15:00
Message: <web.63d2365db6289f681ffa55cd10800fb2@news.povray.org>
Hi, guys.
May be am asking too many questions, but I am new to POV and before asking
trying everything I can not for only one hour.

Could you suggest the way of getting rid of artifact, markered on this image,
without increasing mesh density ? I would like to minimize rendering time and
achieve best quality.

Thanks in advance.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'surface3.png' (180 KB)

Preview of image 'surface3.png'
surface3.png

> May be am asking too many questions, but I am new to POV and before asking
> trying everything I can not for only one hour.
>
> Could you suggest the way of getting rid of artifact, markered on this image,

> Thanks in advance.

I would say that the easiest way would be to get rid of all the pigment
statements and make a pigment {gradient y} and give it the color map that you
want.  Then apply that to the entire mesh.

Post a reply to this message