POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:54:57 EDT (-0400)
  res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: The Traveler
Subject: Re: res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows?
Date: 27 Sep 2021 15:10:00
Message: <web.615215d8ffffcfe7dd31149be3dfee7c@news.povray.org>
This is cryptic: "Problem with option setting"

Um, okay. Checked all the files involved and every one appears correct. No
indication at all WHICH file(s) has the problem.

Uninstalled my user-compiled, user-installed 3.8.0-b2, recompiled the same
version and did a system install to /usr/local/. No change.

So, next up, remove 3.8.0-b2 and apt install povray 3.7 -- retest.

Cheers.

Post a reply to this message

"The Traveler" <jho### [at] northrimnet> wrote:
> This is cryptic: "Problem with option setting"
>
> Um, okay. Checked all the files involved and every one appears correct. No
> indication at all WHICH file(s) has the problem.
>
> Uninstalled my user-compiled, user-installed 3.8.0-b2, recompiled the same
> version and did a system install to /usr/local/. No change.
>
> So, next up, remove 3.8.0-b2 and apt install povray 3.7 -- retest.
>
> Cheers.

Okay, it works fine in 3.7 installed using apt in Lubuntu. So, for the time
being, I can still work on my IDE project. I'll dope out the problem with a
self-compiled, self-installed 3.8.0-b2 later ...

Cheers.