POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling a gothic cathedral Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:48:52 EDT (-0400)
  Modelling a gothic cathedral (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Warren
Subject: Re: Modelling a gothic cathedral
Date: 23 Jun 2021 05:05:00
Message: <web.60d2f8ae919719d61d602a3e756b296@news.povray.org>
"jcarlos" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just wanted to share what I have been working on in my free time during the last
> years. It is a model on the interior of a gothic cathedral (taken from the
> cathedral at Chartres, France).
>
> You can see the gallery and some other information here:
>
> https://chartres3d.com
>
> Hope you like it!
>
> Cheers,
> ...JC

Nice work !

Post a reply to this message

From: tth
Date: 28 Jun 2021 03:36:13
Message: <60d97bed$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/21/21 1:48 PM, jcarlos wrote:

> The full code is available for download on the web page I sent.

    And can we download a huge swap space from the same page ?-)

|                      sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.        |

From: jcarlos
Date: 3 Jul 2021 11:15:00
Message: <web.60e07eab919719d6f447befaf6fd6b7a@news.povray.org>
tth <sig### [at] dinoramafr> wrote:
> On 6/21/21 1:48 PM, jcarlos wrote:
>

> > The full code is available for download on the web page I sent.
>
>     And can we download a huge swap space from the same page ?-)
>

> --
> |                      sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.        |

?? Don't get it...

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain Martel
Date: 3 Jul 2021 11:47:53
Message: <60e086a9$1@news.povray.org>

> tth <sig### [at] dinoramafr> wrote:
>> On 6/21/21 1:48 PM, jcarlos wrote:
>>

>>> The full code is available for download on the web page I sent.
>>
>>      And can we download a huge swap space from the same page ?-)
>>

>> --
>> |                      sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.        |
>
> ?? Don't get it...

Your cathedral model is huge. Not everybody have a computer with enough
memory to handle it.
Then, there is that thing about some persons, especially in the earlier
days of computing, who could not understand that memory/swap is not
something that you can install just like a program, but something physical.