POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for POV-Ray 0.x Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:58:01 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for POV-Ray 0.x (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: jr
Subject: Re: Looking for POV-Ray 0.x
Date: 21 May 2021 02:25:00
Message: <web.60a751fdef7e98f379819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Bob" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > by "regular text files" you mean source code?  you could embark on a "nice"
> > project, getting it (bit by bit) to compile.  :-)  alternatively, maybe use an
> > emulator?  the Google snippet for <https://9to5mac.com> claims: "the emulator
> > allows you to run a wide range of early Macintosh software, from the MacWrite
> > and MacPaint apps supplied with the machine..."
>
> No I mean documentation, changelog...etc. No source code I'm afraid.
> Couldn't find any emulators on that page you linked.

ah, sorry, I'm not a Mac user.  I simply googled "macintosh 1 emulator", saw
more than one result, and quoted the second from the list.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob
Date: 21 May 2021 07:30:00
Message: <web.60a79995ef7e98f3614e33ab757cdd57@news.povray.org>
I was able to find the sample DAT files and documentation for PvRay 0.5:
https://www.pcorner.com/list/DPGRAPH/PV050DAT.ZIP/INFO/
https://www.pcorner.com/list/DPGRAPH/PV050DOC.ZIP/INFO/
So this suggests that the source file name would also start with "PV050", for
example "PV050SRC.ZIP"... No results for that so far, but this is a good
starting point for further searches. My guess is that there may be something in
a BBS archive somewhere.
What are the chances of someone from the olden days having a personal copy?
Maybe Drew Wells or even David Buck himself?

Post a reply to this message