POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Could Duty Cycle feature be put (back) to use for rendering on Android ? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:29:35 EDT (-0400)
  Could Duty Cycle feature be put (back) to use for rendering on Android ? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Mr
Subject: Could Duty Cycle feature be put (back) to use for rendering on Android ?
Date: 26 May 2020 16:30:06
Message: <web.5ecd7b8ad06da9ca6adeaecb0@news.povray.org>
Hi, How can we activate the duty cycle option from command line, ini file or
anywhere else than Povwin... ?

Neither in documentation nor any thread of this newsgroup such as these ones
could I find my answer:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C3cd37738%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=43592

(By the way the zazzle link to the Reach for the stars poster is broken:
http://www.povray.org/posters/)

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C4a43a8a0%40news.povray.org%3E/

The idea behind my question is: Now that running POV on android has proven
possible with Termux, using such a feature on a phone could be useful, for
working over textures and parts of a scene when in the bus or if any unexpected
waiting should present. With that many cores + ram + solid state memory in most
today's phone architectures, I'm sure even a reduced capacity to avoid
overheating (especially as the summer promises to be that hot)...could prove
useful enough to doodle some pattern, CSG or such things!