POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:53:20 EDT (-0400)
  Omni-directional Stereo Content (Message 21 to 30 of 54)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
Date: 6 Mar 2016 09:49:45
Message: <56dc4389$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.02.2016 um 00:19 schrieb Clodo:
> There are a lot of VR Headset now in the market.
> Oculus Rift, GearVR, HTC Vive, Google cardboard etc.
> Also YouTube support 360 panoramic.
>
> I understand there are a lot of options about rendering with other raytracing
> software, but i don't find any information about Povray.
>
> The projection model it's called ODS and is full explained in this Google doc:
> https://developers.google.com/cardboard/jump/rendering-ods-content.pdf
>
> I'm trying to render an ODS, 360 3D shot with Povray.
> There are a function inside the above doc that return the viewing ray for a
> given pixel in raytracing,
> but i don't understand how to use it in Povray.
>
> Any advice? Thanks.

Y'all might want to try the latest and greatest POV-Ray development release:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8509766%2Bav119

It adds a new function-based user-defined camera:

    camera {
      user_defined
      location {
        FUNCTION, // x-coordinate of ray origin
        FUNCTION, // y-coordinate of ray origin
        FUNCTION  // z-coordinate of ray origin
      }
      direction {
        FUNCTION, // x-coordinate of ray direction
        FUNCTION, // y-coordinate of ray direction
        FUNCTION  // z-coordinate of ray direction
      }
      CAMERA_MODIFIERS
    }

where each FUNCTION takes the screen coordinates as parameters, ranging
from -0.5 (left/bottom) to 0.5 (right/top).

Post a reply to this message