POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Sounds of POV-Ray Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  The Sounds of POV-Ray (Message 25 to 34 of 34)
From: ingo
Subject: Re: The Sounds of POV-Ray
Date: 19 Apr 2021 10:41:22
Message: <XnsAD11A9C4D31C6seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:XnsACFFA7C775533seed7@news.povray.org ingo wrote:

The ANS syntesizer works,

https://ingoogni.nl/povray/sounds-of-povray/povray-ans/

ingo

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Apr 2021 13:35:00
Message: <web.607dbe49e8731e131f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> in news:XnsACFFA7C775533seed7@news.povray.org ingo wrote:
>
> The ANS syntesizer works,
>
> https://ingoogni.nl/povray/sounds-of-povray/povray-ans/
>
> ingo

Very nice.  You're making some pretty cool progress   :)

"In POV-Ray there is no FFT, so I have to use brute force"

I converted Paul Bourke's c++ code to SDL

http://web.ipac.caltech.edu/staff/fmasci/home/astro_refs/FFT_DFTsummaryAndCode.pdf

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.58b813187922eedfc437ac910@news.povray.org%3E/

I would love to have FFT be an internal function.  No one saw the value for a
raytracer.

https://ingoogni.nl/contact/
403 Forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.

also a bad contact _link_ on the ANS page.

Post a reply to this message