POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:46:34 EDT (-0400)
  Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 (Message 1 to 10 of 72)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2
Date: 22 Feb 2023 20:05:00
Message: <web.63f6bb4c622ae12f1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

Ben from UnchartedX has just posted the stl file from a professional
metrological scan of a pre-dynastic rose quartz vase.

You can view the video and the one that precedes it to gain an appreciation of
exactly what this represents.

From a purely POV-Ray perspective, it would be great to get this rendered with
Thomas deGroot's Granite_21 textures, and maybe even post the results on YT and
other sites to show the capabilities of POV-Ray with regard to texture, finish,
normal, lighting, and sub-surface light transport.

The file is 44.6 MB, and it would be great if someone could convert it to a mesh
{} or preferably mesh2 {} object.  You could likely post it on a free
file-hosting service for the next 30 days like I did with F. Lohmueller's
(partial) web archive.

https://unchartedx.com/site/2023/02/19/new-video-updates-to-the-vase-scan-responses-and-the-stl-file/

Thanks,

Bill "Bald Eagle" Walker

Post a reply to this message

> The file is 44.6 MB, and it would be great if someone could convert it to a mesh
> {} or preferably mesh2 {} object.  You could likely post it on a free
> file-hosting service for the next 30 days like I did with F. Lohmueller's
> (partial) web archive.

STL to GTS to POV :

<https://news.povray.org/web.5e75678e7c21754451952ca0%40news.povray.org>
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/10WT-D3MP4qYxnP1BYu5f_ZN_xmOo1P5W/view?usp=sharing>

(other, "better", 'stl2gts' converters available)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message