POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Server failure (Message 11 to 20 of 88)
From: Ash Holsenback
Subject: Re: Server failure
Date: 17 Mar 2021 13:42:31
Message: <60523f87$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/15/21 6:32 PM, Chris Cason wrote:
> On 16/03/2021 04:04, Ash Holsenback wrote:
>> On 3/15/21 11:11 AM, Chris Cason wrote:
>> last time i touched wikidocgen i was running php7 on my machine so i
>> have /some/ confidence, however i've not kept up with mediawiki
>> changes so i don't know what's in store for that... i'm most fearful
>> of table name changes. didn't that bite us in the ass last time we
>> upgraded?
>
> Your memory is likely better than mine, so perhaps there were. I hope
> there'd be some sort of upgrade script if so.
>
>> we /do/ have a most recent sql dump correct?
>
> We have a backup of the DB (not a dump specifically, just the physical
> DB directory). While I have yet to bring up mysql I don't anticipate
> problems.
>
>> on my machine in a while. do you think there's some value in seeing if
>> i can get that running to see if we can even get it to import?
>
> Yes, that would be great. I'll get the DB back running and do a dump of
> all the tables once the machine has been moved back to the data center
> (hopefully shortly). At the moment it's sitting in an office and has
> limited outbound bandwidth.
>
> -- Chris

forged ahead... i have v1.33.4 wiki testbed running

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 17 Mar 2021 21:56:57
Message: <6052b369@news.povray.org>
On 18/03/2021 04:42, Ash Holsenback wrote:
> forged ahead... i have v1.33.4 wiki testbed running

thanks ... As the wiki ran in a jail (kind of like a lite vm with its
own ip adress, daemons and login accounts), it and other related sites
like the texlib etc are last on the list of things I have to recover.

[This is primarily because the jailed processed get a clone of pretty
much the entire server environment and there's no point in cloning it
until I've finished setting the server up.]

If you need data from the server pre-crash I have the wiki db recovered
already and dumped to .sql files (10mb compressed), a tarball of the
http directory (117mb compressed), and a tarball of your home directory
(1.2gb compressed). Just LMK what you need and I'll email you a link.

[If you need the latter it may need to wait until the machine has been
moved back to the DC as the outbound bandwidth at the office is a bit
more limited than the DC.]

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message