POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : #debug "\a" Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:48:57 EDT (-0400)
  #debug "\a" (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: #debug "\a"
Date: 13 Feb 2003 10:30:51
Message: <3e4bba2b$1@news.povray.org>
This features apparently does not work.

I'd suggest:

A)  Removing it entirely from the docs as it provides little value-add to
making raytraced images.
or
B)  Someone initiating a bugreport to fix it.

Post a reply to this message

From: hughes, b
Subject: Re: #debug "\a"
Date: 24 Feb 2003 06:46:07
Message: <3e5a05ff@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> This features apparently does not work.
>
> I'd suggest:
>
> A)  Removing it entirely from the docs as it provides little value-add to
> making raytraced images.
> or
> B)  Someone initiating a bugreport to fix it.

I can remember trying to use it back when I had only the DOS version of POV
and I don't think it caused a sound then either. At that time, I used the PC
speaker for text to speech stuff, awful but fascinating, although I was
never sure if POV-Ray was accessing the speaker or simply not functioning as
intended. I wrote it off as being something meant for certain system
configurations or platforms (Amiga?).

Bob